Most likely you have noticed your favorite Korean actresses, K-pop female stars, and other Korean female celebrities having gradient lips. Gradient lips style has been around for a while now, and most likely it is here to stay. It’s still quite hot topic in Korean beauty industry. And people all around the world are starting to like it as fast as the word is spreading out.
The main idea of gradient lips is to make your lips appear smaller which in exchange will make your eyes look bigger and that gives you a youthful, cute and inocent look. We could also call this gradient style as “anime look” hence the same idea to maximize the effect of big eyes.
This gradient style is pretty awesome for everyone to try and it fits especially the petite girls out there.
There is quite many ways to archive this look. If you would like to try gradient lips tomorrow, make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips today so that they will be flake-free and soft as baby skin.
Let’s go through the most popular and easiest ways to get gradient lips:
(Before you start doing gradient style, apply translucent lip balm to make sure your lips are moist.)
By using only one shade of lipstick:
– apply the lipstick to the inner part of the lips
– smack your lips to create natural gradient. Only use your fingers to clean around the edges of your mouth if necessary. Do not use fingers for blending if possible.
By using 2 different shade lipstick:
– Apply darker shade of lipstick to the inner parts of the lips.
– Blend out the edges by using the lighter shade of lipstick. Only use your fingers to clean around the edges of your mouth if necessary. Do not use fingers for blending if possible. You can also use nude lipstick with this technique.
By using liquid based product:
– Apply lipstick to the inner part of the lips.
– Apply concealer or nude lipstick on the outer part of the lips and blend out the edges.
– Use your finger to blend the region between the two lipstick / concealer to create gradient.
By using powder based product:
– Apply lipstick to the inner part of the lips. Do a few lip smacks to blend out the edges and to create natural gradient.
– Apply powder to the outer part of the lips to lighten the edges
NOTE: Some people prefer to start with foundation/concealer while other prefer to start by applying lipstick first. The tips above are done by adding lipstick first. However, if you wish you can apply the foundation/concealer first. This is mostly a personal choice and does not affect the final results that much.
NOTE 2: Be sure to use concealer and/or nude lipstick which matches your skin tone!
Remember, many of the Korean girls don’t use concealer while doing this gradient style. But in case you want to, a little bit of well blended cover-up can create more of a statement without being overwhelming.